It’s never a good feeling when you shift somewhere new and find your window blinds in a broken condition. No need to panic! As we bring you a simple guide to installing custom blinds. If you happen to live in the City Of Angels, we’ll tell you how getting blinds or specifically LA custom blinds installed will benefit you. Read through the article, where we will deal with difficulties related to old custom blinds and how installing custom window blinds can fix those issues.
Before you make up your mind to install blinds, first decide whether you want to install them inside the window or outside. If you are someone who wants to maintain the aesthetics of a neat space then installing the blinds on the insides of your window frame is the way to go. Whereas outside window blinds are great for those frames that have holes as it covers the most part on the outside.
Why Do You Need Window Blinds?
People often make the mistake of not paying attention to window treatments. No matter how good your house is, not having the right window blinds can steer to comprised privacy, lack of insulation and act as a gateway for dust and harmful sun rays. So, everyone should think about transforming their space and creating the look they always wanted. You can now view products online and then decide on what appeals to you.
Benefits Of Custom In-Home Window Treatment Installations
Blocks Unwanted Light
Custom blinds are worthwhile when compared to shades and curtains. Window blinds give you better control over the amount of light you let into your room. Hence, installing window blinds is more effective than other window treatments.
Contributes In Privacy
You can tilt window blinds whenever you want to peek outside and enjoy the view or close them to isolate yourself from the outside. Therefore, custom window blinds give you a lot of freedom when it comes to how much privacy you want.
The best thing about window blinds is that they are easy to maintain. For the same reason, many rental properties have custom blinds.
If money is a factor that plays in mind when opting for new custom blinds. Then you’ll be amazed to learn how inexpensive these blinds are. You can get a simple design with the most durable material that stays in good condition for years.
For those who think, installing custom blinds requires a full-fledged team of experts, you’re about to get a shock! Here’s a guide to DYI custom blind treatment.
Step By Step Guide To Install Custom Window Blinds
There are two ways in which mounted blinds are installed. We’ll focus more on how to install window blinds on the inside. So, let’s get started.
How To Install Blinds Inside Window?
The fundamental reason behind installing a window blind inside a window frame is that it allows more light into the house and gives you a cleaner look. Once you make up your mind, get these items ready before starting the installation process.
List Of Required Items
- Screws and screwdriver
- A level
- Tape measures
- Pencil or marker to take measurements
- Drilling machine (preferably cordless)
- Mounting brackets
- Phillips bit
Before you start sweating it out, try to get someone who can assist you all along the way. It is good to have someone assist you while working on ladders as they can stabilize the ladder and hand you tools when needed.
Forthwith you can start the installation by following these easy steps:
- Carefully measure your window frames from the inside.
- By using a pencil or a marker, mark the location of your bracket 1-1/4 inches away from the glass. This creates a gap between the blinds and glass once you hand them.
- Now, carefully mark the region of the screw holes. You should do it by placing your bracket at the 1-1/4-inch spot (as listed above) and imprinting dots where your screws will go.
- By using a drilling machine, make holes of appropriate size.
- Place your bracket in a way that perfectly aligns with the holes you just drilled. Then screw it tightly on the wall.
- Repeat steps 2 and 5 to screw the bracket on another side of the window.
- Slip the lid of your blinds into the brackets (one side at a time) and then clench the bracket covers down.
- Make sure to purchase your blinds according to the measurements you took. You’ll get a wide range of options while shopping for custom blinds (blinds for wooden window frames, aluminum blinds, vinyl, and PV). Choose the one that you think goes perfectly with the Interiors of your house. Regardless, of what material you choose, giving your blinds matching colors will only enhance the overall appearance. For example, white blinds make your space look bigger and cleaner.
- When you open the package, grab the instruction booklet and go through it. Figure out which part goes where and place them accordingly.
- If you live in an apartment where you are denied permission to drill. Then you can opt for temporary shades. These shades are easily available and barely take time to install. However, this solution is temporary and lasts a few months at max.
LA custom blinds are the pioneer of their business for over 40 years. They provide free installation and their products are backed by warranties from reputed brands. Moreover, the payment plans offered by them are also flexible and easily fit your budget.
Window blinds contribute heavily to protecting your interiors from dust and harmful ultra-violet rays. Besides, installing window blinds gives you the privacy you need. But sometimes these blinds fall, victim, to rough weather which leads to wear and tear of them. So, it becomes necessary to replace the old ones with new blinds. Above you’ve read the steps involved in installing custom blinds that will help you replace the blinds without needing to call an expert.