Logistics requires a deep understanding of the proper management of the flow of goods and information across a country or continents. Logistics entails being an expert in the supply chain of goods from the source of production to the marketplace and into the hands of the customer or consumer. The subject matter concerns itself with strategically managing the supply chain to optimizing it for the maximum benefits. This is important so that the right goods get to the customers or locations within the specified timeline, in the best condition and at an acceptable cost. Logistics isa subject that has its roots in every industry across the entire world economy.
So, what are some of the different types of logistics online programs offered by ICRI?
3 Years BBA Program in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Since every year there are always new things that are added to the manner in which logistics and supply chain management functions, ICRI is constantly updating its course in tandem with the rapidly changing and complex structure of the industry. Each lecture during the course of the entire program is delivered by professionals with decades of experience in the logistics and supply chain management industry.
- The entire program has been created in such a way that it helps students to learn the basics of the industry by understanding both the theory and practice of each subject taught under it. The structure has been created in a manner that it will eventually give a huge headstart to those that study it.
- The entire program covers all the basics of the industry and then some more! Students will learn supply chain management as a logistical tool by learning aspects such as buying, inventory management and control, supplier acquisition and development, customer service tools, logistics, and distribution channels. The entire program includes different methods by which these topics are taught These include strategies such as lectures and seminars, workshops, hands-on training through field work, case studies of well-known circumstances, on-site visits and guest speakers, real time problem-solving sessions and student presentations.
What is structure of the logistics online program of ICRI?
During the course of the logistics courses, students will get to learn core concepts such as why logistics industry is an essential component of the world economy, the basics of business communications, marketing, finance, economics, operational management, customer relationship management and more. All this will be taught by first touching upon the following subjects under the logistics and supply chain management:
- Principles of logistics management
- Fundamentals of marketing
- IT applications
- Business laws
- The economics of transportation
- Operation management
- Business statistics
- Integrated supply chain
- Material management
- Distribution management
- Basics of logistics management
Logistics 6 months program – a PG diploma in logistics courses
The entire 6-month program or a PG diploma in logistics courses is divided into two semesters. Each semester teaches students the different aspects of supply chain management and logistics tool by learning the tools it utilises to confirm buying, inventory management and control, supplier acquisition and development, customer service tools, logistics, and distribution channels. The breakdown of each semester is as following:
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- E-Commerce and applications of ICT in SCM
- Retailing Management
- Distribution Management and Logistics
- Customer Relationship Management
- Financial Management
- Warehouse Management and Inventory Control
- Transportation Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Service Operations Management
- Management of Information System
But what kind of opportunities does this program present?
After studying the PG diploma course in logistics and supply chain management, ICRI helps students in working with various companies such as DHL, FedEx, ESSAR, AFL etc.
MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
An MBA in logistics and supply chain management from ICRI is a UGC recognised degree that helps in imparting expertise necessary for students to work in the management of processes within the logistics industry. The program has been designed in such a manner that it meets the high demand for trained professionals in the industry.
The MBA in logistics and supply chain management by ICRI will be structured in the following manner:
Semester – I
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management I
- Human Resource Management
- Business Communication
- Principles of Management
- Introduction to Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Total Quality Management & Six Sigma
- Financial Management Part II
- Managerial Economics
- Quantitative Techniques
- Management Information System
- Business & Supply Chain
- Risk Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Warehouse & Inventory Management
- Supply Chain Transportation, Design & Simulation
- Operations Management
- Introduction to Operation Research
- Strategic Management
Semester – IV
- Global Supply & Chain and Logistics Management
- International Business
- Exim Policy & Export Procedure
What kind of benefits and concessions are accrued to such a logistics online program?
Although there are many large benefits that are accrued to doing a logistics online program from ICRI, some of them include the following:
- Independent Study: flexibility in terms of place, pace and duration of the study
- Student Support Centre and Career Centre
- Use modern information and communication technologies
- Affordable fee structure and UGC approved syllabus
- Gain practical knowledge through real-world case studies and team projects in product development