A command or say a toilet is one of the underrated and ignored things when we built home or renovate one. But the fact is it is one of the important things that makes or breaks the deal. For most people, only the cost or the color of the toilet matters but, there are a lot of other things one has to keep in mind while choosing a new toilet for your house. If you are also looking for a toilet for your house, first look at these important factors to consider to buy a toilet and make sure to follow these buy tips.
Quick Tips for Choosing the Best Toilet
One must know that only the looks and color of a toilet does not make a toilet the best toilet, you need to make sure that you go for the good flushing toilet which means it must have a good flush system. There are certain things you will have to keep in mind like the shape and size of the bowl, the water efficiency of your toilet, and more. Here are some shopping tips for you.
Tip 1: Dimensions of the Toilet
So, what is the point of choosing a toilet which does not even fit in your bathroom? Therefore, the very first thing that you will have to look for is the dimension of the toilet. Make sure that you choose a toilet that fits in your bathroom properly. To measure the dimensions of the toilet, here is what you can do.
- Check the rough-in size: If you are not aware of what rough-in size is, it is the distance between the wall behind the seat to the drainpipe’s centre which attaches your toilet to the floor. If you wish to measure it properly, keep your old toilet installed in the same place and then measure it. In usual cases, the measurement varies between 10, 12 or 14 inches.
- Choose Toilet based on the measurement: So, now that you have taken all the measurements, make sure to stick to it. Check if you need a smaller or larger base than the previous one. It will make the whole process easier for you.
Tip 2: Type of Toilet
The next thing that you will have to look for is the type of toilet. There are different types of toilets available. You will have to choose the one that suits your requirements. Here are all the types of toilets that can use.
- One Piece Toilet: As the name suggests, it is a one-piece toilet in which you will get both a bowl and a tank in one unit only. People prefer using these toilets as they are much easier to handle and requires less space.
- Two-piece Toilet: this type of toilet is mostly preferred for homes. This is maybe because they are cheaper than the one-piece ones. But at the same time, they are also hard to clean and maintain.
- Round Toilet: Well, this refers to the shape of the seat and the bowl. They are shorter in size and a bit wider. So, this may not be the best flushing toilet for you if you have less space in your bathroom.
- Wall Hung Toilet: As the world is modernizing as your toilets. Wall hung toilets are now in demand. Unlike the standard toilet, they are not mounted to the floor, they are hung on the wall. So, you will get more clear and free space on the floor. So, if you have less space in your bathrooms, this is the one you will have to go for.
Tip 3: Different Type of Flush
Everyone needs a no clog toilet and for that, you need a toilet with a good and powerful flushing system. Apart from the look of the toilet, its flushing system is important otherwise you’ll always end up searching how to snake a toilet. Here are all the types of flushing toilets you will get in the market.
This is one of the most used toilets in commercial bathrooms. It uses added pressure to ensure that the flush is powerful and it reduces the clogs. It also keeps the bowl of the toilet clean every time you flush.
Dual Flush Toilet
You can easily control how much water you wish to use with the help of the dual flush toilet. Here, one of the buttons can be used for half flush and the other one can be used for high flush. Dual flush toilets can help you save a lot of water and water bills but you will have to pay more for it.
Gravity Flush Toilet
Gravity flush toilets are used majorly. In this type, the water’s weight help to generate the pressure required for the flush. You will have to pay less while buying it but it may cost you more while maintenance.
Tip 4: Get Tools for Installation
So, if you have chosen the toilet that you wish to install in your bathroom, there comes your major task. You will have to start installing it. The process becomes easier when you have all the required tools with you. Therefore, you need to make sure to gather all the tools that you need for installing the toilet.
Choosing the best flushing toilet can be sometimes tricky especially if you do not know what you have to buy. With this article, we have tried to make the whole selection process easier for you. Hope this article helped you.