Francis Ford Coppola’s THE GODFATHER stands as one of the greatest films of all-time, but Paramount is hoping that the story behind the making of the film will be just as captivating. The studio is currently developing The Offer, a ten-part limited-series for the Paramount+ streaming service about the making of the iconic film. Centered around Godfather producer Al Ruddy, the series will be based on Ruddy’s “never before revealed experiences” during production of The Godfather.
RELATED: The Offer: Miles Teller replacing Armie Hammer in Paramount+ limited series
Paramount announced today that over a dozen new actors have joined The Offer, including Justin Chambers, who will be playing the late, great Marlon Brando in a guest recurring role. Chambers is best known for playing Dr. Alex Karev on Grey’s Anatomy for 15 seasons, and this will be the actor’s first TV role since departing the series in 2019. You can check out the rest of the new additions below, which includes Lou Ferrigno as the former wrestler and mob enforcer who played Luca Brasi.
- Patrick Gallo as Mario Puzo, Author of The Godfather and Oscar winning co-writer of the films.
- Josh Zuckerman as Peter Bart, The legendary Hollywood executive and journalist.
- Meredith Garretson as Ali MacGraw, The famous actress at the beginning of her career.
- Nora Arnezeder as Francoise Glazer, Owner of the Chateau Marmont and wife of Al Ruddy.
- Paul McCrane as Jack Ballard, Head of physical production for Paramount Pictures.
- Anthony Skordi as Carlo Gambino, The infamous mafioso and head of the five crime families.
- Jake Cannavale as Caesar, Loyal Colombo family soldier.
- James Madio as Gino, Soldier in the Colombo crime family.
- Michael Rispoli as Tommy Lucchese, Head of one of the five mafia crime families.
- Stephanie Koenig as Andrea Eastman, Head of casting for Paramount Pictures.
- Lou Ferrigno as Lenny Montana, The former wrestler and mob enforcer who played Luca Brasi in The Godfather.
- Frank John Hughes as Frank Sinatra, The iconic singer with connections in high places.
- Danny Nucci as Congressman Mario Biaggi, An influential politician with his sights set on The Godfather.
The Offer will star Miles Teller as Al Ruddy (who took over the part from Armie Hammer), with the series also starring Matthew Goode as producer Robert Evans, Giovanni Ribisi as Joe Colombo, Colin Hanks as Barry Lapidus, Juno Temple as Bettye McCartt, and Dan Fogler as Francis Ford Coppola. Burn Gorman has also joined as a series regular and will be playing Charles Bluhdorn, the volatile head of Gulf & Western. The Offer will be written and executive produced by Michael Tolkin (Escape at Dannemora), with the real-life Al Ruddy also serving as an executive producer alongside Nikki Toscano (Hunters) and Leslie Greif (Hatfields & McCoys).
RELATED: The Godfather: Elisabeth Moss to star as Eleanor Coppola in making-of film
The Offer isn’t the only project revolving around the making of the iconic film in the works, as Barry Levinson is also set to direct Francis and the Godfather, which will depict the “chaotic, Shakespearean behind-the-scenes drama” that took place during the production. Francis and the Godfather will star Oscar Isaac as Francis Ford Coppola, Jake Gyllenhaal as Robert Evans, Elisabeth Moss as Eleanor Coppola, and Elle Fanning as Ali MacGraw. Can we handle dueling Godfather projects or will the world implode upon itself. I suppose time will tell.